CALL FOR PAPERS FOR THE SUMMERHILL: IIAS REVIEW ( WINTER-2020)
Papers and Book Reviews are invited for Summerhill, the bi-annual journal of the IIAS, Shimla, published in June and December every year. Authors are requested to follow the guidelines given below failing which their submission may not be considered for publication:
1. For the December issue, the papers are to be submitted on or before 31st October.
2. Papers and Book Reviews are to be submitted in Word Document only.
3. Length of article not to exceed 6000 words.
4. Length of Book Review not to exceed 1000 words. The reviewer will be expected to procure the book to be reviewed. The IIAS does not take any responsibility in this matter.
5. Text to be submitted in Word File: Times New Roman font size 12, 1.15 spacing. The prescribed font size and spacing will apply to Book Reviews too.
6. Notes and citations required for articles. Use Foot notes only. The first foot note should state the contributor’s status and institutional affiliation.
7. No Abstract or Key Words required. Bibliography is optional.
8. The author’s name should appear at the top, just below the title of the paper. His/Her institutional affiliation, if any, should be mentioned as the first footnote.
9. Papers should avoid including graphs, tables and illustrations. They must be based on original research in the areas of humanities and social sciences.
10. Contributions to the June issue should reach the editor by 30th April and for the December issue, by 31st October.
11. The Editorial Board will accept articles on a first come first served basis. The decision of the editorial board in matters of selection will be final.
The papers are to be submitted to the editor in following e-mail address; Professor Amiya P. Sen: firstname.lastname@example.org .