||Dr. Rajendra Singh|
|Duration of Fellowship||Apr 2022 to Mar 2024|
|Research Project||कौरवी लोकनाट्य का इतिहास (History of Kaurvi Folk Play)|
|About: Professor Rajendra Singh is a noted Story-writer, Poet, Critic and Editor of Haryanavi Folk Literature. His poems and stories have been published in various prestigious publishers. He has a doctoral degree on the subject‘Devendra Satyarthi ke Hindi Sahitya mein Lok-Sanskriti’ from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (Haryana) and D.Litt. degree on the subject of ‘Hindi Dalit Aatmkathaen : Ek Sanskritik Vishleshan’ from Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Agra University, Agra (Uttar Praesh).He has worked as teacher at R.K.S.D. (P.G.) College, Kaithal (Haryana) for 21 years. After that he has worked as Head, Department of Hindi and Dean, School of Humanities and Languages at Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Motihari, Bihar. He has published 3 poetry books, 2 short story books, 8 critic books and 17 edited books on Haryanvi folk literature to his credit.
He has been awarded Shri Arjun Das Malik Smriti Sahitya Samman 2011 by Sahitya Sabha, Kaithal (Haryana) in the field of poetry and story writing and awarded Mahashya Dayachand Mayna Smriti Lok-Sahitya Gaurav Samman 2019-20 by Kavi Dayachand Mayna Charitable Trust (Reg.) Rohtak, Haryana. He has also been awarded Lok Sahitya Sadhna Samman 2019 of Rs. Two Lacs by Haryana Sahitya Akademy, Panchkula, Haryana.
A dedicated teacher and inspiring mentor, Prof. Rajendra Singh has nearly twenty fours of teaching and research experience. He holds an expertise in the areas of Folk Literature, Indian Literature, Comparative Literature. Benefitting from this expertise and able guidance are scores of students and researchers, out of them 2 researchers have been awarded their Ph.D. Degrees and 22 researchers have got their M.Phil. Degrees.
It is interesting to note that Prof. Rajendra Singh has Minor Research Project titled ‘Hindi Dalit Aatmkathaon mein Bachpan’ (2010) by UGC and a Major Research Project titled ‘Educational Status of Scheduled Castes in Haryana : Attainments and Challenges’ (2012-14) by ICSSR, Delhi to his credit along with a host of pressing academic commitments.
Institution building is a noble, yet huge responsibility and Prof. Rajendra Singh has shouldered the same as Director of Lok Kala evam Sanskriti Nishpadan Kendra along with being the Dean of School of Humanities and Language Head of Department of Hindi at the Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Motihari, Bihar. Prof Rajendra Singh has been active on the academic circle and rendered his expert advice as ExternalSubject Expert of Research Development Committee (RDC)at Sanchi University of Buddhist-Indic StudiesGateway Retreat Campus (MPT), Sanchi, District Raisen464661, Madhya Pradesh, Indiaand on various other advisory and Welfare Committees.
Some important Publications: He has worked also as -
Short-story books :
1. Kasak : Sahitya Sansthan : Sahitya Sansthan, Loni Road, Gaziabad (U.P.), 2010,
2. Hamari Jameen Ham Boenge : Sahitya Sansthan, Loni Road, Gaziabad (U.P.), 2011, ISBN 81-89495-87-9
Poetry books :
1. Bhiri Galiyan Tang Makaan: Sahitya Sansthan, Loni Road, Gaziabad (U.P.), 2010, ISBN 81-89495-60-2
2. Kuchh Mat Kah Dena!: Sahitya Sansthan, Loni Road, Gaziabad (U.P.), 2010, ISBN 81-89495-89-3
1. Dalit Sahitya aur Vichardhara : Sahitya Sansthan, Loni Road, Gaziabad (U.P.), 2012, ISBN 81-89495-86-2
2. Dalit Stri Vimarsh aur Pt. Lakhamaichand ka Punarpath: Sahitya Sansthan, Loni Road, Gaziabad (U.P.), 2011, ISBN 81-89495-90-9
3. Chintan ka PariprekShya aur Dalit Sahitya: Sukirti Prakashan, Karnal Road, Kaithal, (Haryana), 2009, ISBN 81-89495-90-9
4. Hindi Dalit Aatmkathaon mein Bachpan : Gautam Book Center, Shahdara, New Delhi, 2012, ISBN 978-93-80292-72-4
5. Dalit Chetna mein Sadguru Ravidas ka Yogdan : Kagaj Prakashan, Kaithal, Haryana, 2013, ISBN 978-81-928853-4-6
6. Hindi Dalit Aatmkathaen : Ek Sanskritik Vishleshan : Siddharth Books, Shahdara, New Delhi – 32, 2020, ISBN 978-93-81530-97-9
7. Lok Sanskriti aur Devendra Satyarthi ka Hindi Sahitya : Jyoti Prakashan, Sonipat, Haryana, 2020, ISBN 978-93-84249-29-8
8. Chhapkataiya : Siddharth Books, Ramnagar Extension, Shahdara, New Delhi – 32, 2020, ISBN 978-93-86928-75-7
Edited books :