|Although the brief of academic and professional career and pursuance of Professor Jitendra K. Rai (a professor of Physics /Geophysics) is being stated through following paragraphs in this document itself, however, the best brief about his persona can be understood through his online presence on: www.cciedu.org. and his masterpiece publication –
‘Universal Mind: Traps and Zeroes’ (ISBN: 979-8668821808) by Amazon, USA (https://www.amazon.in/Universal-Mind-Zeroes-Jitendra-Rai/dp/B08DSSCKDZ). Some recent videos/podcasts are also available on:
His present topic of research as IIAS Fellow is towards his goal to suffice his extreme passion of following science, spirituality and practical philosophy to an extent that can help to resolve the real issues of the humanity. His classroom teaching of quantum physics and spiritual practices are not complete until he produces a publication to prove that spirituality is not all about a philosophical thinking/opinion/discussion but a hardcore scientific fact, which can be universally tested and practiced, and that can create a harmonious global society for the humanity.
Academic and professional brief:
Prof. Rai has completed his doctoral degree (Ph.D.) from Department of Civil Engineering., Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi in 2002. His multidisciplinary (Geophysics / Earth System Sciences) doctoral thesis entitled ‘Application of Fractals in Earth Sciences: Examples from Himalayan Tectonics’ was a pioneer doctoral level work in the field of application of Fractal Geometry in Earth sciences. During his tenure in BHU, Varanasi, he worked as Junior and Senior Research Fellow of UGC in the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT, BHU. After his doctoral degree, he joined as Young Scientist/Principal Investigator of a SERC-DST FastTrack Project (Validation of ‘Fractal Number’ as a New Mathematical Estimator of NeotectonicActivity) in the Department of Geology, BHU (2004-07). Previously, he completed his graduation studies [B.Sc. (Hons.) 1988-1991, M.Sc. (Tech.) Geophysics 1991-1994, Ph.D. (1994-2002), PG Dip. in Yoga, Centre of Yoga, 1999] between 1988 and 2002 from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
His teaching, administration and research career is served fully in various universities of India and abroad. Before his assignment as fellow IIAS, he had been working as Professor of Physics, Dean, School of Computing and Sciences, and Controller of Examination at MIU, Abuja, Nigeria. He worked as Reader/Associate Professor of Physics (2011-2017), Senior Lecturer (2007- 2011), Head of the Department (2007-2016), Coordinator/ Director, Matriculation Unit (2007- 2011) at Kebbi State University of Science & Technology, Nigeria (2007-2017). Apart from his primary assignment at KSUST, he worked also as visiting faculty member (first Senior lecturer and then as Reader) at Department of Physics, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Nigeria (a federal univ.) (2009 – 2017). His academic and administrative involvement at KSUST may be understood as he headed/participated (as member) so many university level committees (viz. ICT, Project monitoring, Journal publication, Admission, University Senate, Accreditation etc.) and academic programs.
His limited but qualitative research work, which were presented for both - journals and conferences, place him at a level of high regards in scientific community. His areas of specialization for teaching are – General/ Analytical Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Quantum Mechanics, Numerical/Computational Physics and General/Exploration Geophysics. He supervised (completed/ongoing) many academic research projects for UG/PG/Ph.D. students as well as professional research projects awarded by Indian and Nigerian Government bodies. His dominant research areas are Environmental physics/geophysics, Fractal application, Quantum physics and philosophy (science and spirituality).
While living in India, almost every fortnightly, he faced print or electronic /television media on different popular science issues. His affiliation and memberships with different scientific and social societies, apart from almost 25+ years of academic (teaching and research) and administrative experience, are innumerable contribution towards his scientific and social concerns.
Social and other pursuits:
His social/scientific presence is always been consistent through publishing numerous articles/posts on social media platforms (especially on FB) on variety of subjects, viz. spirituality, philosophy, psychology, education, social and political thinking, etc. His serious pursuit about philosophy and spirituality can be understood as he founded an NGO for yoga (Viyom Foundation India) in 2001 with a view to proliferate yoga at mass level in India and abroad. For his understanding about social and economic development of India can be easily felt as he again founded and promoted a company Viyom Infra Energy Pvt. Ltd. (since 2016) to make aware, install and procurement of solar energy. His academic, social and spiritual vision and aspirations can be collectively and easily visualized through webpages of www.cciedu.org. As to make a real impact on the society, he started an organization – ‘Comprehensive Counseling Interface’ (CCI)
and under which he started, apart from many other programs, ‘Managing the Mind’ program, both offline and online, for students and common people. Some of these recent videos/podcasts are available on: https://www.youtube.com/@ccinterface8107/videos.
(Youtube channel - @ccinterface8107)
List of academic publications of Prof. Rai includes many books and research papers in national/international journals and conferences on variety of topics on earth and environmental physics as well as social and philosophical studies. Some of them follows:
- Quantum Physics: Fundamental Concepts, Amazon, USA, 112P, 2022 (In Press) (ISBN:9798697633045)
- Universal Mind: Traps and Zeroes, Amazon, USA, 264P, 2020 (ISBN:9798668821808)
- विचार: प्रवाह और क्रांति (भाग-१): शिक्षा-सूत्र और रोजगार-सृजन, Kindle, Amazon, USA, 110P, 2020
- Physics of Orogeny: A Fractal Perspective, Researcher’s special publ. Monograph /Book Series, VFI Publications, India, 146P,2008 (ISSN: 0973-5178)
- Physics of the Earth: Chaotic systems comprehended through Fractal Geometry, Vol.1 (General Review & Structural Data), Amazon, USA, 194P, 2020(In Press) (ISBN:9798670234788 )
- Physics of the Earth: Chaotic systems comprehended through Fractal Geometry, Vol.2 (General Review & Structural Data), Amazon, USA, 205P, 2020 (In Press) (ISBN: 9798670514361)
Research Papers (Authored/Co-authored)
- Geoelectrical Survey of Ground Water in Some Parts of Kebbi State Nigeria, a Case Study of Federal Polytechnic, Bye-Pass Birnin Kebbi and Magoro Primary Health Center, Fakai Local Government, Geosciences, Vol. 7(5), pp. 141-149, 2017 (p-ISSN: 2163-1697 e-ISSN: 2163-1719)
- Effect of global warming on rice production in Kebbi state, Nigeria, Nigeria, International Journal of Marine, Atmospheric & Earth Sciences, Fl, USA, Vol. 2(2), pp. 11-27, 2014 (ISSN: 2327-3356)
- Basement depth of Sokoto sedimentary basin, Northwestern Nigeria, using spectral depth analysis, Stand. Global Jour. of Geology and Exploration Research, vol. 1(4), pp.78-85, 2014 (ISSN: 2312-7376)
- A review of the correlation between geology and geothermal energy in North-eastern Nigeria, IOSR Jour. Appl. Geol. Geoph., Volume 2, Issue 3, pp. 74-83., 2014 (e-ISSN: 2321-0990, p-ISSN: 2321-0982)
- Angostrom constants for estimating solar radiation in Sokoto, North-western, Nigeria, Int. Journ. Sci, & Engg. Res., Volume 5, Issue 1, pp. 1636-1647, 2014 (ISSN 2229-5518)
- Estimation of global and diffuse radiation for Kebbi, North-western, Nigeria, Int. Journ. Sci, & Engg. Res., Volume 5, Issue 1, pp. 1654-1661, 2014 (ISSN 2229-5518)
- Spectral depth analysis of Sokoto basin, IOSR Journal of Applied Physics (IOSR-JAP), Volume 6, Issue 1 Ver. I (Jan. 2014), PP 15-21. (ISSN: 2278-4861)
- The most probable sites for hydrocarbon prospects in Sokoto basin, Nigeria, International Journal of Marine, Atmospheric & Earth Sciences, 2014, 2(1): 11-27. (ISSN: 2327-3356)
- Electrical power transmission model for Kebbi State, Nigeria, International Journal of Modern Engineering Sciences, 2014, 3(1): 1-15. (ISSN: 2167-1133)
- Application of remote sensing and GIS in groundwater mapping in some selected localities in Kebbi State Nigeria, Int. Jour. Mar. Atmos & Earth Sci., Florida, USA. Vol. 1(2), pp.81-95, 2013. (ISSN: 2327-3356).
- Effects of lineaments on groundwater occurrence, Int. Jour. Of Environ. And Bioenergy, Florida, USA. Vol. 8(1), pp.22-32, 2013 (ISSN: 2165-8951).
- Effect of some atmospheric variables on malaria prevalence in Kebbi State, Nigeria, Int. Jour. Of Environ. And Bioenergy, Florida, USA. Vol. 8(1), pp.12-21, 2013 (ISSN: 2165-8951).
- Security and privacy issues in cloud computing, vol.03, 2012 (ISSN: 0973-5178)
- Fractal Number: A new mathematical estimator of neotectonic activity, The Researcher, vol. 3 No. 2, pp. 52-57, 2008 (ISSN: 0973-5178)
- Fractals in Earth Sciences: A Review, The Researcher, vol.1, No. 2-3, pp. 36-41, 2007 (ISSN: 0973-5178)
- Dynamics of Fractals - Part I, The Researcher, vol.1, No.1, pp. 16-22, 2006 (ISSN: 0973-5178)
- Fractal dimension as a new measure of neotectonic activity in Kakrighat area, Kumaun Himalaya. Jour. Geol. Soc. India., vol. 61, pp. 664-672, 2003 (ISSN: 0016-7622)
- An appraisal of models for inverted Himalayan metamorphism. Memoir-52, Geol. Soc. India, pp.359-380, 2003 (ISSN: 0016-7622)
- Geometry of material lines and particle paths for the north Almora shear zone in Someshwar- Binsar Sector, Kumaun Himalaya, India. J. Nepal Geol. Soc., spl. vol. 16, pp.67, 1997 (ISSN: 0259-1316)
In Conferences/Workshops (National/International):
- A Talk on श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता में योग-दर्शन की व्यापकता और सम्पूर्णता (Pervasiveness and Completeness of Yoga-philosophy in Srimad Bhagavad Gita) Organised by Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidayla, Wardha, India, 25.06.2022 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYT7y-xPF_Y
- Talk on “Impact of Covid-19 on business environment and information technology”, organized by Bhavdiya Institute of Business management and Bhavdiya Educational Institute, Ayodhya, India, 17.06.2020
- Workshop on “Prospects for Start-ups in Solar Energy Technologies”, Conducted by National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurgaon, MNRE, Govt. of India, 30.08.2017.
- Assessment shallow aquiferous and their coefficient of anisotropy in the sedimentary formation of Argungu local government area, Kebbi State, Northwestern Nigeria, African development Conference 2014, April 2-4, Nigeria Teachers Institute (NTI), Kaduna, Nigeria (with M. Abubaker)
- Ground Water Resource evaluation with prospective hydroelectric power generation site planning in Kebbi State, Nigeria employing Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS), International Conference, Solar Africa 2012, Dec. 12-15, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Nigeria. (with A B Umar and M. Momoh)
- Significance of chaotic stretching lineations: An example from Basal shear zone of Almora nappe, Kumaun Lesser Himalaya, National Seminar on Geodynamics and Metallogenesis of the Indian lithosphere, Sept. 22-24, Banaras Hindu University, India. (with M. Joshi)
- Comprehending chaos in P-T data using fractals: An example from Himalaya, 5th International conference on Fractals and Dynamic Systems in Geoscience, Townswille, 13-14 Aug. Australlia. (with M. Joshi)
- Fractal Number: An attribute to remote sensing technique, XXV (Silver Jubilee) conference, Institute of Indian Geographers, 28-30 Nov., Banaras Hindu University, India.
- Deterministic Chaos in Orogeny: An example from Himalaya, International Seminar on “Gondwana 11: Correlations and Connections”, Aug.25-30, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. 2002. (with M. Joshi).
- Topographic chaos caused by neotectonic activity: An interpretation using fractal analysis. (Abst.) International seminar on Quaternary climate, Tectonics and Environment of the Himalaya: Comparison with Other regions. Kumaun University, Nainital, India. 2002 (with Joshi, M.).
- Fractal dimension as a new measure of neotectonic activity in Kakrighat area, Kumaun Himalaya. (Abst.), presented in National seminar on ' Geology and Natural environment of the lesser Himalaya: Present and status and Strategy for the next two decades', March 23-25, Kumaun University, Nainital, India, pp.14 -15. 2001 (with Joshi, M.)
- Fractal Analysis of P-T data for Shear zones: An Example from the Main Central Thrust Himalaya (Ext. Abst.). International Seminar- Geo-Canada-2000' in the session 'Futures in Petrology'. May29 – June 02, Calgary, Canada. 4p. 2000 (with Joshi, M.)
- An appraisal of models for inverted Himalayan metamorphism. National Symposium on Milestones in Petrology and Annual convention of Geological Society of India, Banaras Hindu University, India (Abs. pp.56.) 2000. (with Joshi, M.)
NOTE: Last but not the least, enlisting numerous general talks, blogs/posts on social media on various subjects as well as educational videos/podcasts is difficult to record here in a limited space.