PROFORMA FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSAL TO ORGANIZE WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS/SYMPOSIUM/CONFERENCE
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED STUDY, SHIMLA
1. Name of the conveners and Affiliation.
2. Title and dates of the proposed seminar
3. Detailed theme-note ( not exceeding 2000 words)
4. Aims and objectives
5. Significance of the seminar- How it will create new knowledge or contribute to the discipline
6. Conference outline, including sessions.
7. Name of the presenters, with abstracts of at least 12 speakers.
8. Timeline of the proposed publication.
9."Has this conference/seminar/workshop been proposed elsewhere?"
*Institute usually appoints a co-convener so that Institute-related organization and logistics are easier.
*Participants will be selected by a call for papers placed on the IIAS website, from those suggested by the conveners and by direct invitation.
*Intellectual output of the seminar will be in the form of a book published/co-published by IIAS.
*A new proposal can be presented only after positive review of the pre-publication proceedings of the previous seminar.
*IIAS is not a funding/sponsoring agency.
*In case of a collaboration with another institution, it is expected that the proposing institution bears 50% of the expenses.