Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal published by the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla, with its first issue rolling out in 1994. The Journal was conceived along with the inception of the Inter-University Center to fill in for the much needed platform that promoted theoretical thinking and conceptual clarifications. The Journal engages, on a conceptual plane, with issues relating to our understanding of man, civilization, culture, and society. It takes this concern as both its regulative, as well as constitutive, maxim.
We encourage readers to sign up for the publishing notification service for this journal.
Use the Register link at the top of the home page for the journal. This registration will result in the reader receiving the Table of Contents by email for each new issue of the journal. This list also allows the journal to claim a certain level of support or readership.
See the journal's Privacy Statement, which assures readers that their name and email address will not be used for other purposes.
Interested in submitting to this journal?
We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies,as well as the Author Guidelines.
Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
We encourage research librarians to list this journal among their library's electronic journal holdings.
As well, it may be worth noting that this journal's open source publishing system is suitable for libraries to host for their faculty members to use with journals they are involved in editing (see Open Journal Systems).
Submission Preparation Checklist
1. As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
2. The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
3. The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
4. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
5. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Mr. Prem Chand
Indian Institute of Advanced Study