Summerhill is an academic review journal published twice a year (June and December). The principle feature is a rich section of reviews of important recent publications in humanities and social sciences. Articles by well known scholars and interviews with prominent intellectuals and artists add to the interest of the review for the general reader.
We encourage readers to sign up for the publishing notification service for this journal.
Use the Register link at the top of the home page for the journal. This registration will result in the reader receiving the Table of Contents by email for each new issue of the journal. This list also allows the journal to claim a certain level of support or readership.
See the journal's Privacy Statement, which assures readers that their name and email address will not be used for other purposes.
Interested in submitting to this journal?
We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies,as well as the Author Guidelines.
Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
We encourage research librarians to list this journal among their library's electronic journal holdings.
As well, it may be worth noting that this journal's open source publishing system is suitable for libraries to host for their faculty members to use with journals they are involved in editing (see Open Journal Systems).
Submission Preparation Checklist
- Length of article not to exceed 6000 words.
- Length of Book Review not to exceed 1000 words. The reviewer will be expected to procure the book to be reviewed. The IIAS does not take any responsibility in this matter.
- Text to be submitted in Word File: Times New Roman font size 12.
- Notes and citations required for articles. Use Foot notes only. The first foot note should state the contributor's status and institutional affiliation.
- No Abstract or Key Words required. Bibliography is optional.
- Contributions to the June issue should reach the editor by 30th April and for the December issue, by 31st October.
- The Editorial Board will accept articles on a first come first served basis. The decision of the editorial board in matters of selection will be final.
The papers are to be submitted to the editor in following e-mail address; Professor Amiya P. Sen: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mr. Prem Chand
Indian Institute of Advanced Study