||Dr. Ramanathan Srinivasan|
|Duration of Fellowship||September 2023 to September 2024|
|Research Project||Thirukkural: An Ancient Tamil Treatise and its Universal Pertinence|
|About: Dr. S. Ramanathan is an academician, columnist, and polymath with a combined career spanning more than four decades in industry and academia. Currently he holds two D.Litts. And Ph.Ds. in four diverse disciplines including subject communication/Management, Open Distance Education, History and political science from esteemed Indian universities
He was awarded a Doctor of Literature (D.Litt.) degree from Kavikulaguru Kalidas Sanskrit University, Maharashtra, in the Faculty of Ancient Indian Sciences and Humanities. He obtained a Doctor of Letters (D.Litt.) in Management from Srinivas University in Karnataka.
Did M.Phil (Labour Studies) in Madurai Kamaraj University. He Pursued PGDBA from LIBA (Loyola Institute of Business Administration) Chennai. His Post Graduate degrees include Education Management, Philosophy, History and Gandhian Thought from established Indian Universities. He did his undergraduate degree from Presidency College/University of Madras and his secondary education from Hindu High School/Chennai/Tamil Nadu, institutions of great repute that provided him with a solid foundation to build his career.
He acquired B.GL (Bachelor of General Laws) from Madurai Kamaraj University. Also did P.G. Diploma in Public Administration, P.G. Diploma in Foreign Trade, P.G. Diploma in Materials Mgt, P.G. Diploma in Personnel Mgt, P.G. Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management and Diploma in Journalism from esteemed Institutions.
AVC College of Engineering Mayiladuthurai, School of Management Studies, Anna University, Coimbatore. (2007-09), Gnanam School of Business, Thanjavur & CARE Group of institutions, Trichy, Tamilnadu, were some among the institutions where he held senior responsible positions focused on Management education- MBA stream. Prior to this, he was associated with a Pharma company concentrating on Institutional sales in Tamil Nadu.
Dr. S. Ramanathan is a distinguished scholar with a vast corpus of published work. In the last two and a half decades, he has authored/edited 5 books, 150+ research papers, and 800+ columns as a Columnist
(freelancer) in an English evening daily Trinity Mirror from Chennai, covering diverse topics such as Management, education, career development, freedom struggle, Ancient Indian treatises, Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and research orientation, to name a few.
His professional background encompasses expertise as a debater, author, educator, and columnist. The ancient Indian Tamil Treatise Thirukkural and the ever green Patriotic and revolutionary Poems of Maha Kavi Subramania Bharathi often mesmerize his attention. He is also a regular speaker at national and international conferences. As a Visiting Scholar, he gave a Talk at the Prestigious IIAS Shimla during September 2022 on the topic “National Poet Subramania Bharati: Thinker ahead of times from Tamil Nadu”.
Dr. S. Ramanathan is the Lead and Convener for a number of national and international conferences and Management Development Programs (MDP). Notable among these programs is the MDP conducted for the State Bank of India in Trichy and Coimbatore a decade ago, which was replicated in various locations across the country by other institutions.
He is identified as an avid reader with a deep interest in a wide range of topics, including but not limited to Management Science alone but also Ancient History, Archaeology, Eastern Philosophy, Western Philosophy, Political Science, and Gandhian Thought
Dr S Ramanathan has been extended invitations to assume the role of session chair, deliver keynote addresses, and serve as a resource person at prestigious national and international conferences, seminars, and symposiums organised by renowned universities and colleges in the country.To cite a few Publications in the English Daily- Trinity Mirror
· Able Stewardship of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel 15th Aug 2018.
· Sage of Kanchi Birth Anniversary observed On 30th May 2018
· Champak Raman, Unsung Hero of Freedom Struggle 14 Aug 2015
· Balamurali The Musical Genius 25 Dec 2015
· Banking And Industrial Growth Trends In Retail Banking,Mirror Special Edition March 2014
· Tribute To Bhagat Singh, Raj guru, And Sukhdev 24 March 2014
· Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer Crusader For Human Rights 6dec2014
· Imprints Of Great Souls, Sardar Vallabbhai Patel, The Iron Man OfIndia 14th Aug 2014
· Be At Your Creative Best 7 July 2013
· Think Positive 13 Jan 2013
· Charismatic Leadership 22 Oct2012
· Banking & Industrial Growth Spl Edition – Trends in Retail Banking 2010Managing Stress 14 June 2009· Race hots Up For Democratic Candidate31 March 2008
· Subprime Crisis Ruining Us Economy12 April 2008
· Confidence Way To Success 30 Sep 2007
· 4 Steps To Become Best Manager 18 Aug 2007
· Body Language July 2006
· Time Wasters 18 June 2006
· Optimism A Concealed Key To Success 15 Aug 2005
· Working For Others welfare ranks high For Leadership Quality 10 Nov 2004Recent Publications in Trinity Mirror
· Redefining higher education via MOOCs- 21/8/23
· Limitations of AI-14/8/23
· AI enhances productivity by enabling innovation- 7/8/23
· How religion shapes cultural identity- 29/7/23
· AI can up skill students with personalized learning- 24/7/23
· Concept of karma &its role in Hindu philosophy-22/7/23
· Skill based education key to professional success- 17/7/23
· Impact of interfaith dialogue on community-15/7/23
· Profound significance of rituals & festivals-8/7/23
· Cosmic essence: Brahman in Hindu philosophy-1/7/23
· Significant role of bhakti & devotion- 24/6/23
· Stem education- 19/6/23
· Huge potential to transform higher education-12/6/23
· Technology and future of higher education- 5/6/23
· Mahapurusha: avatar of lord shankara-3/6/23
· Social media impacts on education system- 15/5/23- ……………
(List Note Not Exhaustive)